Saturday, June 29, 2013

1 Month Down Son!

What's up folks?!  It's only been five days since I updated you last, but it definitely feels like an eternity.  Today marks my "30-days deployed"versary!  I'm excited!  Well not really, but remember I'm an optimist. 

This week I embarked upon a new business journey which I hope proves to be a success.  I'll let you in on it in a few weeks; maybe.  I've got to get some stable footing and my mind wrapped around it before I let you in on the secrets to my success :-)

Do you remember my neck injury from last month that occurred in CAST?  If you're not up to speed check out Day 3.5  Basically, I hurt my neck in the vehicle egress trainer, as seen here   I was given some pain meds and muscle relaxers and sent on my merry way.  Here I am, say about six weeks later and I've grown used to random moments of complete disabling pain.  I just deal with it for the minutes up to days that it can last.  My most recent "neck freezing" as I like to call it actually sent me to the medical center.  The doctor was a little baffled that I was sent down range with what she diagnosed as some big words...a pinched nerve.  My neck gets stuck and then I can't move it or my right arm.  I didn't see what the big deal was.  Who really uses their neck and arms anyway?

She did however give me the most amazing pain shot ever and muscle relaxers that I take four times per day (YIKES).  Having been around the surgical block a few times, I know good meds and that shot was just lovely. *In no way is this statement admitting or claiming to be the frequent user of any controlled substances.*  BUT if the gov'ment is supplying...I'm just sayin'.

I'm glad to report that I am feeling slightly better, I've layed off weight training for a while :(  Have no fear, my cut and tone regime will hopefully continue in a week or so.  There is a turbo cardio kickboxing something or another that I'm starting on Monday. 

What else is going on in the neighborhood?

Oh I realized that two Air Force CGOs (i.e. my room mate and I) have no clue how to react while under an attack.  I had on headphones with relaxing sounds playing to drown out her snoring and she woke up and was gonna get dressed and go to safety without me!  Once I realized what was going on, the two of us couldn't decide if we should stay in our room (definitely not a hardened facility) or go to a bunker or hardened facility as stated in the alert message she received.  About 10 minutes later we decided to go to the building we both work in which is across from where we stay...after another three minutes to get dressed.

Pearls of wisdom:  If there is ever the possibility that insurgents are on your base/camp/FOB, etc., if you're already in a locked and secured building STAY THERE; even if it isn't "hardened".  I didn't feel so bad when minutes later as I looked out the window from my office I saw people running around trying to get inside of a building.

Other than that, I'm trying to make use of my [minimal] downtime while here.  Maybe this new biz along with courses towards my Master's will do the trick.  We shall see.

Here's to only 157 more days o_0

No comments:

Post a Comment