I totally jacked my neck up in the HMMWV egress exercise. So bad, I had to take the extra bumpy 45 min ride to the ER at SAMMC. After being there for 5 hours and one CT scan later I was cleared to go. Ha, well nearly 2 hrs later the shuttle from Lackland came and took meand Capt V (the awesome nurse). With two prescriptions and a c collar in tow, we made tthe journey back to Bullis.
Once here (at 1 am) we were dropped of in a parking lot where we waited on someone from camp to take us back up the hill (about a 15 min drive). While waiting a skunk decided to sit 5 ft away from me, and there was a deer about 20 ft behind where we were sitting. Without a doubt I was more scared of one of the two of these species. We made it back to our tent at around 1:30 am and I had the luxury of remaining awake fighting sleeplessness until 2:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment