Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 1 YOLO

Oh joy, TD (training day) 1.  A day filled with great confusion and a cloud of unknown.  It's already apparent that the next two weeks will be far from summer camp,  but again it's only two weeks.   I escaped having to attend 30 days of training with my Army amigos so I have a lot to be thankful for.   I have come to accept that 90% of what I retain these two weeks will be intangible experiences and endless laughter vs actual combat skills.  The biggest lesson I needed to learn was "shoot them before they shoot you". I'm actually a pretty good shot on the pistol and rifle, so lesson 1:  complete.

I enjoyed a freezing cold 2 min shower and scarfed down a combination of randomness and called it breakfast.  So about the water situation at good ol Camp AP-water is trucked into our location every other day.   That means once it is out, there's no drinking water, showers, and even flushing toilets...all things that no one wants to deal with,  especially in Texas in the middle of May.  To prevent this there are water conservation methods in place,to include the ccombat shower.

Tomorrow's class start time is 0430.  It feels wrong on so many levels to do anything that early in the day.  With that,  I'm out.

Quotes of the day:
"Warrior mindset what! YOLO!"
"CAST causes cavities"
"People are crazy,  shoot them before they shoot you"


No comments:

Post a Comment