(I sure wish I was earning sky miles for this trip)
Deutschland
We had about 1.5 hrs on the ground in Ramstein. Originally, I planned on hanging out in the terminal, but I decided to live a little and take the long trek (2 min walk) across the street and check out the Exchange (BX/PX). The place is awesome! It's a multiplex connected to the Inn that has a good variety of shops and eateries, both traditional German and US chains like Subway, Baskin Robins, and Taco Bell. I don't do fast food, but I opted for lunch at Captain D's because it had the shortest line followed by a Starburst and Hot Tamales desert from the shopette. There was a spa, but time wasn't on my side and I wouldn't have been able to squeeze in a [much needed] massage. Maybe I can convince the hubster to fly Space A and we hop a flight back to these parts. Might as well visit Italy and France while in Europe too right :-)
Turkey
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have an allergy attack from all the second hand smoke that has seeped into the terminal. It's almost 7:30 pm local time (1:30 pm EST) and I'm halfway through my journey. Yay, progress! This will probably be posted in a day or so b/c the terminal wifi doesn't actually connect. Hmm, thanks for the tease. We won't be here long though and there's just enough time on the ground to see a man about a horse, charge my phone, stretch my legs, and take some meds...In That Order!!! (Laying off the coonery of reality TV for a while)
Au Revoir for now
No comments:
Post a Comment