Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 11 Pomp & Circumstance

Typing through the tears of sadness as I bid farewell to my fellow trainees and instructors...no, not really.  Today I said bonjour to San Antonio and I am traveling on what feels like a cross country voyage to be reunited with my boys for a [very] few days.  We concluded training with a weapons turn in (hallelujah) and a certificate receiving ceremony called a graduation.  Just think, when I am tasked to deploy again a year from now I get to complete CAST all over again -_-

I'm currently hanging out at the airport in Detroit at the Freedom Center (like a USO) until my flight departs.  If you ever fly through here they're in the A concourse. Stop by and relax for a while if you're military, vet, or dependent.  If you're neither of these three, stop by anyway and make a donation of any sort ($$$, snacks, toiletries etc.) or to just smile and say hi to some folks who may need it.. That was my unsolicited plug for the week.

My neck is still killing me and everyone keeps advising I go to the ER once I get to Maryland.  Any M.D. friends out there working in the ED tonight at Bathesda? *cricket cricket* I thought a visit to Massage Envy or either Jerm's chiropractor would do the trick...I'll see if the pain continues to intensify.

My flight from SAT was pretty interesting.  Thanks to the Air Force and my natural acute paranoia, I trust no one.  I just knew that the guy sitting next to me was trying to get government secrets from me.  With questions like "Where are you headed" and "Where are you from"? Ha, can't fool me commie!  Then he politely said "Stay safe out there and thank you for your service." I cannot be fooled.


No comments:

Post a Comment