Monday, May 20, 2013

Days 4-6 and freedom Sunday

Wow I'm too old to try and skip posts and do a culmination of happenings-my memory just isn't cut out for that.  The past few days have been HOT, comical, exhausting and yes, HOT.  Being here confirmed my thoughts that some senior officers ride the professional short bus.  Things that have occurred are similar to what you'd see at a summer camp for tweens and teenagers.  Before I hop on my soap box, I'll fast forward to today; our 1 training down day.

It was super fun (minus an awkward cab ride) and I hung out with two of my tentmates at the Riverwalk here in San Antonio.  We were joined by one of the girls' familia who were super adorable and great to be around.   They even paid for our lunch so they have a special place in my heart :-) Despite being plantation hot all week long, I was grateful for mild 90º temperatures.   I ate at Dick's Last Resort for the first time,  I actually had never heard of it until today.   The food was average but the snarky service was great.   I absolutely loved the Riverwalk and it's on the list of post deployment family trip locations. All in all,  time is flying and this is my final week in the states.

Well it's 7:30 and my muscle relaxers are kicking in...

No comments:

Post a Comment