Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 2 The Best Day Ever

Yesterday was pretty epic.  Ok maybe not epic,  but optimism is a good trait to have.  Starting my day at 0430 was no bueno. I can't recall how I didn't fall asleep through any of the morning briefings, but a few hours of shooting kept me awake the rest of the day.  The best part was I only hit myself in the face once with the butt stock of my rifIe...small feats.

I was a convoy driver and had a Colonel as my gunner.  Everyone thought I was joking about not knowing how to drive...I'm positive they believe me now.  He was a little nervous that I would flip the HMMWV (Hum Vee :-)) each time I went around a sharp turn or that I would run off the road.  I'm glad to report that everyone made it back to camp alive.

I'm looking forward to arriving in Afgh. (is there even an abbreviation for the country?) I found out that I'll only have one room mate AND indoor plumbing.  Once again the Air Force is spoiling me.

As stated in a previous post, the gals in my tent are pretty awesome.  We can definitely atest to the fact that Lieutenants and officers in general aren't "all knowing".  What we lack in knowledge we make up for in jokes and endless laughter.

 In the words of my tent mate "Today is the beat day ever!...until tomorrow"

Quotes/Words of the day:
Cognizant
"Mmm biscuits and gravy"

Training Day 3-Ghost Ride the Whip

No comments:

Post a Comment