Manas wasn't a complete bust. I did get to spend 2 days with my bestie. We've been going strong since 1998 and who would've thought we'd meet up downrange? From high water pants in JROTC to rethinking our Air Force plans freshman year at Howard...ahh, I'm aging myself :-)
We did our usual thing like tell endless jokes, watch YouTube videos, reflect on growing up, and we came to the realization that we could NEVER work together in a professional setting. Productivity would be non-existent.
I kept myself entertained and had the best nap of EVER on Thursday. My sleep cycle is jacked up from staying up past the sunrise -_- I'll get this thing figured out soon.
Oh, the dumbest thing I heard today:
- An Army Sergeant Major (E-9, highest enlisted rank in Army) said, "I have two female daughters". Don't all daughters normally have girl parts? I didn't realize the need to clarify the sex.
In all, today was slow. I slept from breakfast until dinner and attempted to make a few phone calls home. I DID however get flight confirmation outta here! Woot Woot! Still not to my final location, but one more step on this seemingly never ending journey.
You've come to far to stop on me now, keep reading...my ego loves it :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment