Wednesday, June 19, 2013

This One's For You!

I'm excited to report that we (yes, you and I) have surpassed the 1,000 view mark. And what does that mean exactly?! Well nothing actually, just that there are people who are just as crazy as me for reading the stuff I write. That's ok, just remember that this is a judgment free zone and I get you...even if no one else does :-)

So what's new in my life?...

Drowning:
This morning, I rolled out of bed late as usual and mossied next door to my usual shower stall. To my surprise someone was in it! In actuality, it's not really MY shower, but it is the only one I've used since being here. I'm a one shower kinda woman, plus it fits perfectly into my acute OCD routine. I figured change couldn't hurt so I went to the other set of showers. I didn't think much of it, so I did the usual and unpacked my shower goodies and turned on the water. When I stepped in the water instantly hit me in the face! There was apparently something wrong with the crazy shower head. I flash backed to summers at Virginia Beach when my dad thought he could teach me to swim by just throwing me in the water. Umm, negative. Thank God for three summers worth of swim camp, I still may not be able to finish 100m but at least I won't drown.

It took me a good 90 seconds to realize I should just lather up without the water running. CAST prepared me for this very moment: the improvised combat shower. So I turned the water off and stopped gasping to catch a breath. Oh what a difference it makes to not feel like a fish out of water while bathing. While continuing to shower I thought to myself, "Have some of the people that designed showers not actually taken one before". I say this because I don't think I'll ever appreciate the overhead shower head. You know the kind that you can't adjust at all and you feel like you're just standing in the middle of a rain storm and forced to have the water hit you in the top of the head, then fall wherever it may.

Oh bananas:
Nope, not the fruit; my Tuesday. Oh my, Tuesday was absolutely bananas. Tuesday is my "battle day" aka we don't have days off, but we do each have a day that we report slightly later than 8 am i.e. 1pm...anyway my day started at around 10 because of non-stop emails to my Blackberry. I ran around the camp like a chicken with my head cut off to get everything finalized for an award ceremony/farewell. The 3-star commander is presenting awards to one of his personal security detail teams. I did all of this background/behind the scenes, mad dash, frantically driving other people crazy type stuff ONLY for the event to be pushed back three days. Did I just miss going to lift weights with my lunchtime crew and a required training class for them to move the event? Apparently I did, and there was nothing I could do about it. Because life has a domino effect the remainder of my day was equally ridiculous and I managed to peel away from my PC around 10:30pmish. So much for my "battle day"...better luck next week I suppose.

Vous parlez francais?
Well neither do I [that much], which is why I can't understand why someone forwarded me an email in French. Um no habla homie...I politely replied back Merci and didn't bother to use Google translate. I'm sure if it were THAT important they would've wrote in English.

I have test 2 of 3 for my Air Force PME (professional military education) today aka my Captains course via correspondence. Considering I had time to study about 2% of the information, I'm not expecting a perfect score. Failing would be kind of sad also, so if I do I'll just keep it to myself if I do :-) Really, I will.

Well folks, I've got a little under two hours to cram so I'll be back with more of my wacky tales as soon as I'm able.

Au Revoir...I said not THAT MUCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment