Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 26.5 Who's Bad?!

Even though I did a post this morning, I'm on some kind of non-molly writing high.  (Expecting random urinalysis the moment I get back to the states)

I just realized that the Chaplain with the unnecessary death grip handshake looks like Lou Gosset, Jr.  Yes, Gunnery Sergeant Emil Foley himself (google it you whippersnappers).  That explains his superiority complex. 

Today I noticed that everytime watermelon is offered in the DFAC I partake.  I generally bring my meals back to the office and eat, so I eat my watermelon prim and proper with a fork.  Today however, my co-worker stepped out of the office for a moment and I went face first into my wallamellon.  I almost got barefoot and started singing old negro spirituals, but I quickly remembered my surroundings and wiped the juice off my face.

Walking back to my office, a group of locals were walking towards me and the area around the street was less populated than usual.  They were all chatty and walking side by side extending the width of the road, and at that moment I felt like the only person on the camp.  I felt like MJ in the "Beat It" video.  In my mind my OCPs (uniform) transformed into a red leather jacket, and rather than slick dance moves and a dance-off, I was thinking how many rounds were in the clip of my M9.  Don't get me wrong, I don't have any urge or desire to shoot or harm innocent Afghans BUT I do have cat like reflexes and I am always on guard.  That's all.

I think I creeped out a Marine Major today.  He asked how I was doing, and I exclaimed (litearlly), "Outfreakinstanding".  He had a bewildered look on his face like "really".  I told him I might as well claim it and maybe it will be contagious so people around me won't mope around.  He then smiled, probably because he thinks I'm weird, but whatevs I made the guy that everyone thinks is a grumpasaurus rex smile :-)

Yay, 20 more minutes in my 12 hour workday!

Adios mis amigos

No comments:

Post a Comment