Saturday, June 8, 2013

...I Forgot to Mention

Throughout the day I sometimes write down things on Post-Its, or in a small notepad I keep in my pocket to trigger my memory for things to blog about.  I forgot some things during my trip and felt like posting.  Better late than never...

When leaving Bagram Air Field:
As I walked across the flight line I could not help but take in the beautiful landscape of the mountains.  When I looked at them, I didn't see the ugliness that sits beyond them or the hate embedded in them.  I only saw beauty.  Beauty that only God could create that can never be matched or duplicated by man.

While on the flight from Bagram:
Oh boy, a C-130.  The last time I was on this type of aircraft was in JROTC on a trip to Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.  That trip was extremely fun minus flying in Blues and freezing.  This time was equally uncomfortable with my IBA see here suffocating me.

Random thoughts:
When I hear members of our Coalition forces (partners in crime) speaking their native language I have random urges to jump in their convos (conversations for my senior citizens).  Especially the French!  Ooh la la, haun haun, croissant!  I'm practically fluent.  Well I should be, after 4 years of French including AP French in high school and 3 years of it in college.  Unfortunately, that was flushed from my memory to make room for all the other useless info in my brain. 

I also find that I'm easily amused.   Prime example; when I see non-American negroes, I want to ask them to take photos with me for Facebook.  Yes, I know black people exist outside of America, but I don't get to see them everyday and I don't get to work with them especially in a military setting, like ever!  There's this one guy who is just super cool to me.  I know he thinks I'm creepy, but whatevs.  I don't know what country he's from, but he's the only one with skin like mine that I've seen so far that wears his nation's uniform. I saw a Canadian negro girl today and we made quick awkward eye contact while walking past each other.  Maybe she was thinking the same thing I was thinking. 

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment