Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Oh No She Didn't!

Sorry for the lag in post guys.  You'd be glad to know your tax dollars are at good use and you're getting your monies worth out of me...for the most part.

I have a little over one week in country and I've been focused on getting into a stable fitness routine.  Glad to say that I'm going strong, eating as clean as Afghanistan will allow, and I have some [hopefully] delicous protein shake mix arriving in a week or so.  I'm also doing a six week challenge through bodybuilding.com.  Maybe I'll post some before and after pics...maybe :-)

Speaking of a fitness, I'm normally in the "zone" once I hit the gym.  One thing I noticed is that while working out on cardio machines (any of em) I can be doing completely fine, minding my own business...until someone starts working out on a machine next to me.  At that moment I discreetly size them up.  I'm checking out their pysique, assuming their current fitness levels, and trying to see what type of workout their doing.  Do I have workout envy???

Just last night I'm working out in a nearly empty cardio area.  There were at least 5 empty machines to my left, as I was on the one closest to the wall.  And what do you know, little Ms. Hot Body jumped on the machine beside me.  Really?  So she gears up and starts smoking me in our unofficial competition.  Oh no she didn't!  So I try and pick it up, but realized a heart attack wouldn't do me any good, so I took it back down to my comfort level.  In my defense I had already been working out for 30 minutes when she arrived.  That must count for something.  Right?

So I finished my workout and reaffirmed to myself that I too am Mrs. Hot Body/Hot Mommy/Hot Wife...it's just below the surface and I'm gradually letting it free. (Repeat 3x)

In other news, I got busted trying to send cologne through U.S. mail.  There are too many rules for me, and I was just trying to send Father's Day gifts.  *Note to self:  purchase online and send directly to recipient.  Now I want the $90 spent back in my pocket vs holding on to the gifts till I get home.

Oh guess what friends!  I had my first bout of gastroentiritis aka some stomach crap.  Just thought I'd share that.  I did get selected to have lunch with a 2-star general.  Pretty cool, good to hang out with some other Air Force peeps once in a while and stop hearing "Hooah", "Rog", "Hooah" all day.

My next goal is figuring out how to finagle a TDY while here to some sweet European country.  I'll keep you posted on that.

Well friends, it's time for my afternoon workout.  Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Keep them coming! Love hearing about your time! Mrs Hot body! (thinking: Man I have to up my game, can't have my sis-in-law who's 2 kids in looking better than me who hasn't had any kids) Lol j/k, keep the good work up! We can do a 5k when you get back

    ReplyDelete