Fortunately for you, I'm able to give apologies where due...so I owe you one for taking 7+ days to post an entry. For that, I'm sorry.
Ok, now that that's out of the way on to life in the 'Stan.
Do all Brits REALLY sound like Austin Powers? Or is it just the ones I've encountered?
I've had some really groovy conversations within the past few days, but I have no clue what was said to me. I chuckled a little, said random phrases, and made confused yet amused facial expressions. I suppose I did ok.
I forget that Canadaians don't speak some random African clicking language, and when our maple syrup friends speak to me (without a weird accent even) I find that I am amused. I said it before, and it still holds true; I'm definitely easily amused
Umm speaka inglais por favor
As usual, random people come into our office saying random things. The weirdest for the week was some civilian vomitting the name of a printer that he was looking for. Like the long technical, //, 50+ character mapping for a printer. I looked at him like "umm really", then I finally said "you're in the wrong area". It got him to leave so that was enough to satisfy me.
Happy Bday 'Merica
So in the spirit of all things 'Merican, we had a pretty cool 4th of July celebration filled with activities all day. Not that I had the opporotunity to partake in any of them, I was still glad to see a lot of the troops who work just as tirelessly as me have some downtime. We thought about telling our wonderful British counterparts "Cheers to you! Your imperialism couldn't hold us back."...but we just let it go.
For the past four days or so, I've been feeling nauseaus and suffering with headaches. After about 30 minutes it goes away, and it only happens once per day. Today I finally realized that I was making myself sick. I hadn't been taking my milaria meds as instructed, but once I read that it's the same medicine prescribed for acne I figured I had nothing to lose...except blackheads, whiteheads, and everything in between. I was so convinced that this miracle drug would work that I doubled the dose. Then as my symptoms attacked me today, I Googled the side effects of my meds. Oh what's that you say? Common side effects include naseau, diarhea, yada yada yada. Ain't nobody got time for that! I'll cut back to one per day and maybe I'll actually eat something before taking them.
Well I'm sure there are ridiculous videos on YouTube or ratchet reality TV waiting for me. Until next time my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment