Friday, September 20, 2013

HELP!!!

Ok, I'm definitely in that "I can't believe I'm still here, send me home already, someone take me out of my misery, I NEED to see my hubster and babies, this can't be real life" phase of my deployment.

In recent news:
Water shortage-Some wise Afghan individual(s) decided large trucks would be restricted from traversing throughout the city. Why is this such a big deal? BLACKWATER. So our little cramped camp reached 75% capacity and the water that wasn't essential to DFAC operations was shut off. Billeting (most of them) was left on. This only lasted a day, but it was the SCARIEST day of my life. Can you imagine??? Ok, maybe you can imagine like during the Battle of Gettysburg, but not circa 2013 OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM for us regular non-special forces type folks. I'm just sayin.

XFit:
Yup, I did crossfit like 3x. I realized I'd much rather lift weights and do average cardio. That's all.

Geek Squad:
I kept recieving a certificate error while frivolously surfing the internet. It was determined that my computer needed to be re-imaged. Our IT folks "backed up" my files...fast forward to a day later; got my PC back, reconnected to network, and files transferred back to my computer. Oh wait, ALL my files weren't backed up...hold on, none of my files were backed up? Isn't that just peachy! Hey General, umm I know you're looking for that thing I was working...but I kinda don't have it -_-

So now, I just continue the countdown until my trip to Poland. Did I ever mention that to you? If not, I'll get to spend two weeks out of lovely Afghanistan to go to Poland. I'll have to endure living in a hotel downtown, eating at restaurants, wearing civilian clothing...oh the agony.

I'm off to grab grub, for what is hopefully 1 of 8 remaining steak nights. We shall see.

Thanks for dealing with me. Adios mis amigos.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

I almost forgot to mention that I am leading a volunteer mission to collect donations for a local children's hospital. A story appeared on cnn.com in 2009, unfortunately the conditions have not improved. (Would post link, but I lost it with my files). I went there a few weeks ago and what I saw hurt my heart.

What we need:
Hand Sanitizer
Disposal Diapers (all sizes)
Gauze
Band-Aids
Gloves (sterile and non-sterile)
Any hygiene items
Antiseptic
School supplies (especially pencils and paper)

Where to send items:
CSTC-A Chapel VCR
APO, AE 09356

Our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/cevcr

No comments:

Post a Comment